Terms of Service.
The below TERMS OF SERVICE is to all buyers purchasing goods from EARTH AFRICA, whether you purchase goods directly from our website or place an order by any other means. By placing an order with EARTH AFRICA you as the purchaser certify that you have fully read and understood the below and accept the terms.
1. All products on this website are handmade in Africa and may contain minor imperfections in the tradition of African Hand Crafts.
2. When ordering products of the same type, no two products will be identical in look, size or weight however they will all be of the general theme advertised.
3. The image on the website may not be identical to the product you receive due to the nature of African crafts however, you will receive products within the general theme advertised. All we are trying to explain here is that if you order a small wood carved giraffe facing in a left direction you may receive a small wood carved giraffe facing in a right / forward direction. There also may be colour/wood/size variations.
4. If the purchaser orders samples from Earth Africa Curio and then places an order the same conditions above (1.2) apply.
REFUND & RETURN POLICY.
EARTH AFRICA is proud of our African Crafts heritage and we endeavour to sell the best quality goods available on the continent, however before you buy African products from us or any other African products wholesaler, you need to be realistic and have a clear understanding of the nature of handmade African crafts. Handmade African products ARE NOT PERFECT in any way, if you are looking for perfection then you may want to re-think your business model and purchase mass-produced goods from other sources. Every now and again we receive complaints from a new customer that the goods were "bad quality" and yet we know that the supplied goods were excellent quality - this is the nature of African arts and crafts!
- if you buy a small wood carved elephant we GUARANTEE it will have small imperfections.
- if you buy beadwork products we GUARANTEE some beads will be out of sequence.
- if you buy a bone product we GUARANTEE there will be fine hairline fractures.
- if you buy our paintings we GUARANTEE the borders will not be straight and there will be imperfections.
The above is not unique to Earth Africa - we GUARANTEE you that if you buy any African handmade products from any other supplier anywhere in Africa you will find the same imperfections.
Basically what we are trying to say is that we are selling the best quality handmade products available in Africa but they are not perfect.
Based on the above the best way to avoid refunds is for the buyer to have a clear and concise understanding of handmade African products prior to purchasing them.
EARTH AFRICA will allow products to be returned as long as there is a genuine and valid reason for the return. If you would like to return any goods please supply the following within 3 days of receipt of goods:
- the list of goods to be returned.
- a valid reason for the return.
- clear photographs showing the fault of the product.
We will then validate this claim and authorise the return. All goods must be returned in their original condition and all return costs are for the buyer. On receipt of the returned goods, Earth Africa Curio will issue a refund.
A few of our products on our website carry a "BREAKAGE DISCLAIMER" in the main information section of the product category, eg, SOAPSTONE BOWLS, AFRICAN CURIOS, OSTRICH EGGS etc, below is an excerpt taken from our website:
"SOAPSTONE BOWLS ARE BREAKABLE, while every effort is made to securely package these bowls, if they are mistreated by the couriers in transit there is a small chance of breakage, we will accept no responsibility whatsoever for any breakages".
The above is self-explanatory - if you place an order for any product on our website which has a breakage disclaimer in the information section we will not accept any responsibility whatsoever for breakages whether they are caused by courier neglect or any other reason. Please ensure you have your own insurance in place to cover all breakages in transit.
All shipping/courier/transport quotes issued by Earth Africa are EXCLUSIVE OF INSURANCE. If you would like your goods to be insured for theft in transit, breakage, political riot etc, please request this in an email and make sure it is included on your invoice as an additional insurance cost. In the event that no insurance fee is included and paid for on the invoice, Earth Africa will accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage to your goods once they leave our premises.
ALL IMAGES COPYRIGHT EARTH AFRICA.
All rights reserved. No part of this website www.earthafricacurio.com may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including downloading, printing, photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests please download the below Consent Form, in PDF format, and fill out all sections.
EARTH AFRICA welcomes our buyers to use our images/content but only on condition they comply with all conditions laid out in the below APPLICATION: CONSENT FOR TEMPORARY USE OF WEBSITE IMAGES / CONTENT,
CONSENT FOR TEMPORARY USE OF WEBSITE IMAGES / CONTENT